• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
j0iuty.jpg

A good match on my least favorite map.

Dave Long

Banned
Sanjay said:
how do you gift your extra HL2 and Ep.1 to someone?
Once the game ships, you'll be able to do it. Somewhere in Steam there are directions for how to do it at that time IIRC.

Wish I had saved a screen of that Gravelpit defense last night. I had a 29-8 k-d ratio, a few defenses and a ridiculous amount of damage racked up. I stayed alive for about four minutes as Demoman.

Something notable posted at another forum...

Robin Walker (creator of Team Fortress): TF2 was never intended to be played with FF on. It was an oversight that the convar was left in. It'll be going away shortly.

Yeah, GCFscape works, that's how I listened to the developer commentary before the game was unlocked. I think Steam needs to be closed first, though. I also used GCFscape to rip out the menu music because all 3 songs are greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. The style of music makes me want a NOLF sequel with the exact same art style.

Dave Long

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Yeah, GCFscape works, that's how I listened to the developer commentary before the game was unlocked. I think Steam needs to be closed first, though. I also used GCFscape to rip out the menu music because all 3 songs are greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. The style of music makes me want a NOLF sequel with the exact same art style.
Actually, I'd love to see them do a comedy-action spin-off single player shooter in the BLU vs. RED universe created for this game. It would complement the more serious Half-Life games nicely.

"Actually, I'd love to see them do a comedy-action spin-off single player shooter in the BLU vs. RED universe created for this game. It would complement the more serious Half-Life games nicely."

I could get behind this too.

I demand more back story. Where does GREY fit in this battle?

Icy

Banned
I shutdown both servers. I got into it with my hosts customer service over the freaking jitter issue.

I have a new host coming online this afternoon.

US Based, 100 TIC, High Priority on the CPU. 512 FPS. And guranteed to not Jitter or Lag.

Old host was giving me some bullshit 33 tic.

Icy said:
I shutdown both servers. I got into it with my hosts customer service over the freaking jitter issue.

US Based, 100 TIC, High Priority on the CPU. 512 FPS. And guranteed to not Jitter or Lag.

I'm assuming we'll be using that for the tf2 night tonight right?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Teknopathetic said:
I also used GCFscape to rip out the menu music because all 3 songs are greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.
Dang it, why didn't I know about GCFscape before? Okay, this is seriously the first thing I'm doing when I get home.

I'd actually like to see a map inspired by Evil Genius, where half the map is the sham resort and the other is the hollowed-out volcano lair.

Doytch

Icy said:

You freakin own. When I get the second half of my student loans, I'll throw some into the pile.

Daigoro

Icy said:

whoo awesome. time to get down to bidness!

ggs last night everyone. :D

Daigoro

here's that pic i was talking about from 2 nights ago. i got backstabbed (a hatefull way to die!) and then so did the heavy i was healing:

10dfhac.jpg

evil! :lol

Icy said:

Nice! Also wanna give my thanks for setting up the servers and going through all this nonsense to get a jitter free setup. I would certainly be down for kicking in a few bucks to keep it running. Let me know.

JoeFu

Banned
Ferrio said:
Ya you'll be thanking us soon enough.

I have a freaking backlog right now. Never really experienced this before.

I still need to beat MP3, Bioshock, HL 1+2, and a bunch of DS games I can't remember right now.

Now I have TF2 I'm thinking I won't finish MP3 and Bioshock any time soon.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
JoeFu said:
I have a freaking backlog right now. Never really experienced this before.

I still need to beat MP3, Bioshock, HL 1+2, and a bunch of DS games I can't remember right now.

Now I have TF2 I'm thinking I won't finish MP3 and Bioshock any time soon.

Finish Bioshock, don't break up the experience. TF2 will still be there when you get done :D

vilmer_

I'm SO tempted to purchase it online, but I'm a stickler for having a hard copy of games :lol I will be joining the madness soon enough and it is going to feel really nice.

vilmer_ said:
I'm SO tempted to purchase it online, but I'm a stickler for having a hard copy of games :lol I will be joining the madness soon enough and it is going to feel really nice.

Trust me I feel the same way you do but peggle extreme>a box. I'm really glad I preordered it and if you do it at gamestop apparently you get a beta code now so you could always do that so you get box and beta but no peggle extreme unfortunately :(

Icy said:

Do you know where in the US the server will be?

Dave Long

Banned
I did the unthinkable and bought Halo 3 today, but I still plan to play some TF2 tonight. Thanks for the legwork on the server, Icy. If you set something up to help keep it going monetarily, I'll contribute now and then.

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Joe Molotov said:
Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in 2Fort!

2Fort is definitely my least favorite map. Same-ness and CTF just doesn't stand up to CP for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom